A group of other authors and I are hosting blog hops. It’s like following a trail of bread crumbs, in this case a string of links, to some really good books. They offer a unique way for avid readers to survey a panorama of genres and styles of storytelling. The first author hosts five other authors and then they host five each. Before long a virtual library of new books is available at the touch of a keyboard.
Marci Baun was generous in making my link part of her blog. Marci writes under the pen name Kitty Wylde. Here are links to help you find her work.
I read Hieroglyphs JJJJJ
Part of the blog hop is for each participating author to answer a few questions about their work. Here are my answers:
1. What are the working titles of your books?
Blood on the Pen is the first book in the Jack Harden series. I followed that with Blood on the cards and I tried very hard to make it more than a sequel.
2. Where did the idea come from for the books?
3. What genre do your books fall under?Both are fiction and mysteries, but Blood on the Cards also has the flavor of paranormal.
4. What actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie redention?
For Elsie, I’m not sure. I can see her, I can smell the fragrance of her perfume, but a specific actress doesn’t come to mind. She would have to be young and sassy. Moses Browner reminds me of Morgan Freeman. Jack could be a combination of Alan Ladd (Shane) and John Wayne. For him, I think of James Caviezel and, though he’s not a actor, Blake Shelton.
5. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscripts?
Each manuscript took about nine months, not counting proof reading and rewrites.